Last Week of August

Chapter Two was supposed to be done already. I am now officially behind and it sucks--let's just keep it real. So this week, I am ignoring all other professional distractions (articles to revise, teaching philosophies, sample syllabi, etc.) and all personal distractions as well. The professional part will be easy though--I still haven't found any jobs that I'm interested in applying for other than the one that came out earlier this month. My mentors keep saying, wait until September, but some of the institutions I'm interested in have already put out ads--they just aren't hiring in the humanities side of our discipline this year. Seems like this is going to be a job market for social scientists/quantitative/media scholars in my field and I'm not any of those. But that's another post for another day...

Back to Chapter Two--I wrote a few more lines last night to finish section #4 and now I'm on section #5 of 6. If I stick to my outline, this section will involve discussing three African American women, two activists and one politicians who was the first (I think) Black women in an elected public office (I think). I need to go to the library and do some more research on her, but my car is in the shop (again) so that will have to wait until tomorrow. My goal is to get through the two activists tonight and then work on the third individual tomorrow. If I can write about the two women tonight by a decent hour, then I am going to start going back through what I have written and begin revising.

0 comments: