My plans for today fell through so I took my personal time last night. But that means back to work today on finishing Chapter Two. Another Saturday night in writing--ewww.
And I think I'm going to start working on my cover letter for my first job application. The more and more I think about this job, the more I want it. So I want my application to be as strong as possible. I like the university. The department is growing and seems like the faculty are interested in interdisciplinary work. The position fits my interests PERFECTLY. And of course, most importantly--the location is BEAUTIFUL. I feel good about putting a lot of energy into this application. The goal is to send it out by the end of September since its due early October. If I can get this cover letter drafted this week, then I can send it out to some folks for feedback. So I'm going to pause on my publication goals to spend some more time this week on job application stuff.
In the mean time, back to Chapter Two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
August
(28)
- Almost There
- Back on Track!
- Hurricane Katrina
- School Starting Well Wishes
- Waiting to Exhale
- The Trade-Off
- Progress Was Progress
- Mental Distractions--What Comes Next?
- Just For Frankie
- Sustenance
- Chapter Two, Section Five
- Last Week of August
- Has Saturday Night Come to THIS?
- Long Day, Longer Night
- What Had Happened Was
- Stay-Puft Marshmallow Chapter
- Another Run at Chapter Two
- 11.5 Hours Later
- OK, Gotta Get This Off My Desk
- Five Pages!
- Why Didn't I Go To Law School?
- Better Start
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Libraries, Printers, and Sigma News
- Potential Publication #1: Problematic
- Balancing Dissertation and Publications
- Employed But Can't Spell
- Moving On 2 Chapter 2
-
▼
August
(28)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education8 years ago
-
*waves*9 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment