It feels soooo good to be back on track. Maybe I should be a Sunday through Thursday writer....hmmm that's a good thought--I need to marinate on that. Tonight's writing time was very productive--about 2000 first draft quality words (as opposed to the zero draft quality I've been producing). So although this Chapter Two continues to grow to ridiculous proportions, it feels good to be nearing the end. I have 5 more sub-issues I need to touch on quickly--I'm thinking it will take between 5-10 paragraphs to finish the draft and that is very exciting.
One of my favorite family members is in town and we have plans for Wednesday so that is a good incentive to get this draft done tomorrow morning, start revisions tomorrow night, and continue into Wednesday morning. Then Wednesday night can be a little bit of a celebration. And maybe by Thursday, I can have this thing out of my hair!!
Chapter Three here I come!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
August
(28)
- Almost There
- Back on Track!
- Hurricane Katrina
- School Starting Well Wishes
- Waiting to Exhale
- The Trade-Off
- Progress Was Progress
- Mental Distractions--What Comes Next?
- Just For Frankie
- Sustenance
- Chapter Two, Section Five
- Last Week of August
- Has Saturday Night Come to THIS?
- Long Day, Longer Night
- What Had Happened Was
- Stay-Puft Marshmallow Chapter
- Another Run at Chapter Two
- 11.5 Hours Later
- OK, Gotta Get This Off My Desk
- Five Pages!
- Why Didn't I Go To Law School?
- Better Start
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Libraries, Printers, and Sigma News
- Potential Publication #1: Problematic
- Balancing Dissertation and Publications
- Employed But Can't Spell
- Moving On 2 Chapter 2
-
▼
August
(28)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment