Due to a number of reasons that could only be told in a very long story that will likely end in someone being sued--there is no air condition in my house.
It has kept me out of the house and away from the computer quite a bit since Saturday. I did manage to finish my corrections, and I've returned from hiding to print out the final diss copy. I really just want to nap, but there is a repair-friend here putting in a new window unit. A temporary solution to the problem--just until my mother can figure out what she wants to do about the $1000s of damage to the house that resulted in the total destruction of the central AC system. We had talked about putting the house in my name and allowing me to keep it as rental property--but these continued issues in a declining neighborhood will likely mean a "SALE" sign will be up after I move to New School City. But since I'm home in a warm house, I might as well do this last piece of dissertation business.
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
June
(29)
- Summer R & R
- In Progress
- Issues
- Long Yucky Day
- Late Start
- Get It Together
- Now It is Really Official
- Dreamin
- An Official Kinda Day
- Summer Heat
- New Saturday
- Tryin' My Nerves
- Friday Poetry Blues
- Awful Friday
- Draggin'
- What Kind of Girl Am I?
- Summer Schoolin'
- Snooze Meme
- Sigh
- Good Shoppin'
- Summer Socializin'
- Friday Meme
- Productivity
- Mental Aerobics
- And Moses Came Down From the Mountain
- Monday Monday
- Grand Central
- Not Much Writing Here
- Friday Poetry Returns
-
▼
June
(29)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment