Good Shoppin'
Just gettin in from a long day of shoppin in New School City. Biggest surprise of the day: I found a couch! I've been at a lost for how I want to decorate my place--what colors I want and all of that jazz. But I found this chocolate colored sectional that I just fell in love with. I'm going to do some cool color accents with it (light greens and blues). It is a completely different color pallette from anything I may have imagined but I really like it. We ended up spending a lot longer in the furniture store than expected, so there wasn't a lot of time for school shopping, but I did pretty well at Ann Taylor and the Gap. My goal for the day was a nice khaki suit, but it was nowhere to be found. So I ended up with two nice slacks (white and cream w/ brown pinstripes), two blazers (chocolate and khaki), and three tops (blue, fushcia, and white/brown stripes). It is weird that I bought so much brown today--I'm more of a black and gray person. Hopefully I'll still like it in the morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
June
(29)
- Summer R & R
- In Progress
- Issues
- Long Yucky Day
- Late Start
- Get It Together
- Now It is Really Official
- Dreamin
- An Official Kinda Day
- Summer Heat
- New Saturday
- Tryin' My Nerves
- Friday Poetry Blues
- Awful Friday
- Draggin'
- What Kind of Girl Am I?
- Summer Schoolin'
- Snooze Meme
- Sigh
- Good Shoppin'
- Summer Socializin'
- Friday Meme
- Productivity
- Mental Aerobics
- And Moses Came Down From the Mountain
- Monday Monday
- Grand Central
- Not Much Writing Here
- Friday Poetry Returns
-
▼
June
(29)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment