As Tuesday ended, I curled up with a book and tried to relax from a long and busy day. But I couldn't relax. I was full of anticipation for the night to pass--because the morning would bring Dr. J. I was a bit like a child waiting for Christmas while I was at work yesterday morning, and I almost couldn't stand the wait. I could only bounce around and laugh and smile and cry when I finally saw him yesterday--like a little one waiting to see a long anticipated movie about cars.
We had a truly wonderful day yesterday, and I'm so glad he's around for a few days. I always feel like I'm living in a dream when we're together. It is as if the rest of the world melts away. After dinner, we took a nice long walk in a really wooded park. Sitting under the thick canopy of trees, we dreamed together about our home together in the future, about our work, about the whirlwind that this relationship has been. Sometimes it just feels like it shouldn't be true. Like any moment I'm going to wake up. But the beauty is that it is real--that I do finally have someone in my life to share my dreams and my innermost thoughts with. Someone who I look forward to seeing every day and winding down with every night.
Today I'm just dreaming of the time (that I know is coming soon) when Dr. J and I are actually living in the same place and truly building a new life together. I love these days we have together, and I'm definitely going to enjoy the rest of this week, but I'm dreaming of more to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
June
(29)
- Summer R & R
- In Progress
- Issues
- Long Yucky Day
- Late Start
- Get It Together
- Now It is Really Official
- Dreamin
- An Official Kinda Day
- Summer Heat
- New Saturday
- Tryin' My Nerves
- Friday Poetry Blues
- Awful Friday
- Draggin'
- What Kind of Girl Am I?
- Summer Schoolin'
- Snooze Meme
- Sigh
- Good Shoppin'
- Summer Socializin'
- Friday Meme
- Productivity
- Mental Aerobics
- And Moses Came Down From the Mountain
- Monday Monday
- Grand Central
- Not Much Writing Here
- Friday Poetry Returns
-
▼
June
(29)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
5 comments:
This is just too sweet. I'm so glad Dr. J makes you so happy - you deserve nothing less.
YAY! I'm glad you get to be with him again for a while.
Oooh that was a sleepily written post--had to make a quick edit!
Prof Me, PHD--I am hanging on for a proposal myself. Dr. J and I used to talk about it a lot but we are now at the point where it has become "the-thing-which-remains-unnamed" by my request. I just can't stand the anticipation. I know that he knows the when/where/how and that drives me nuts!! It wouldn't be as bad if I knew exactly when we'd be living in the same area, but that remains in the air as well. But things look like they will definitely be changing by the end of the year. I think 2007 is going to be a great year for us. I really empathized with ST yesterday and if he saw me, he would know that I was indeed having a fun day as well.
Doc--B*--Thanks for sharing in my happiness. I feel so cheesy sometimes--I think it is because I come from this REALLY unromantic family. My mother is especially THE "groaner" when I get all giddy over Dr. J. So I really do appreciate you both so much.
That is wonderful that you 2 get to spend some time together! I can sense your excitement in your post.
love is a beatiful thing!
Post a Comment