Awful Friday

Yesterday ended on a poor night. Well actually it was around 1AM so today started on a poor note. I became suddenly violently ill last night--something that I had eaten during the day staged a mutiny in my stomach. It was absolutely dreadful. And this keeps happening randomly, but I am yet to discover the common denominator.

I was finally able to crawl into bed and wake up in time to go to work. On my way in, I made a call to the property manager at my place. I have been playing phone tag with them since my visit to New School City last Saturday, trying to get my move-in date nailed down. Finally, I got an answer--the builder is a little behind and they won't have the keys until July 17th. As that is a weekday and I have family coming down to help me get settled in--that isn't going to work. So we pushed the move back to the 22nd. A little disappointment there but at least I'm still moving in July right? Well yes and no. My not so good morning got worse when I informed Dr. J of the new date and he says, "Oh well that sucks." I, being completely oblivious, agreed saying that I had really hoped to be in earlier but it was okay. Dr. J of course meant that it was the weekend of his family reunion--the one we've been planning to go to for months--the one he's already paid for me to attend. Great. I'm a jerk. I completely forgot about the reunion. My mother has been nagging me every day to get this move-in date settled so I really just didn't have my mind on anything else. I just hate disappointing Dr. J, and this is all adding to my feelings of feeling bad today. I was going to try to get this diss finished and printed out today but that is not happening. I think I'm going to just curl up with my Tijuana blanket and call it a day.

UPDATE: Feeling better. Thanks for the well wishes and good advice on the food diary--I really need to do that. I read a good book this evening and that helped. And I have a "date" with Dr. J tonight!!

1 comments:

RageyOne said...

Awwww...so sorry your Friday got started that way. I hope you are feeling better.