You're Hired!

After a month of pounding the ol' pavement, I have my first job!! I go in tomorrow to fill out the HR paperwork and I'll talk to my supervisor about when my hours will begin. It is a part-time gig at the library which is cool because I hang out there anyways. The downside is that it is part-time so it will not give me the kind of cash I need to cover my expenses. My stipend ends in May and I won't get my fist check from new school until the end of August (they "hope"--I want to make sure I'm covered through September if possible). So I will definitely need more cash to handle my present bills and my upcoming rent in New School too. In other words, I'm still looking for a second job (sigh). But this will get me started for now and hopefully I'll be able to start a second job by the time I finish writing.

3 comments:

RageyOne said...

Congrats! I hope something else comes along to help tide you over.

phd me said...

I've always wanted to work in a library or a bookstore; I bet you'll enjoy that one. Good luck with the second job search (wish you didn't have to get a one, though).

Mon said...

Thanks ladies--
Prof Me, school starts for me in mid August, but they are not sure if I'll have my first check before the month is out--yikes!

abd me, I just applied for a job at a bookstore yesterday--hopefully that will come through so I can start building my library up :)