I would have updated sooner, but I've been suffering from CAS and of course, just as I start to post, the good people at Blogger decide to get to work too. At some point yesterday, I started to blame my laptop for its collusion in my dissertation process. We had an awful falling out and have not been speaking most of the day until now.
But the good news is that before the falling out, progress was made. Chapter Three is GONE. Do the Dance of Joy.
But I hated ever moment of revising and wanted to slam my laptop into the wall. Just being honest. Fortunately I didn't--I need it. I still have one FINAL case study to finish and the conclusion (which will be very short) to write. I know in the case of my MA thesis, I really couldn't write a good conclusion until after my defense--the conversation with my entire committee really helped me to seal up the project--so I'm hoping for the same thing with the dissertation defense. But I have been thinking about it a lot; I know CoChair #2 will expect a really solid conclusion and so will my Outside Member. For starters, I need to restate the qualities that I've found over and over in African American women's politics. But I'm jumping to conclusions--must finish Chapter Seven first--it is halfway drafted fortunately.
In other news, I was invited to submit a proposal for a book project, so I sent off that abstract off today--it had been lingering on my desktop. The editor wrote me back very promptly to say she'd let me know later this spring. So it feels good to at least have something out there under consideration again. I need to resubmit that article I wrote that got REJECTED to a new journal--I didn't realize until now that a month has gone by already. Wow time is flying. I finally picked a new journal to submit to--even registered on their online submission site. No it is just a matter of writing a new cover letter and pressing send. What's the delay you ask? The urge to revise. But I'm not going to since there was no feedback indicating the article needed work--they just said their journal was wrong. So we'll see if I get it right. Maybe I'll do that now since I'm slowly liking my computer again. Maybe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
February
(56)
- Two Tough Pages
- Sad News--Octavia Butler
- Working Girl
- BHM: Effa Manley
- Representin' Her Hood!
- The Pseudonymous Meme
- You're Hired!
- Distractions
- Nice Saturday Afternoon
- Technology and Innovation Meme
- What the Best College Teachers Do...
- Spring Break in New Orleans
- BHM: Friday Poetry
- Ahhh
- BHM: Another Teaching Moment
- Bringing it Home
- Need a New Deadline
- Good News, Bad News
- BHM: Teaching Lynching
- House Hunt--Stage One
- House Hunting
- BHM: Black Lit Meme
- BHM: Gwendolyn Brooks
- Jumping to Conclusions
- You Will Know
- Book Meme
- BHM: Black Women in the Academy
- Chapter 7 and Conclusion
- BHM: In This Life Together II
- BHM: In This Life Together
- Conference Submissions Suck
- Happy Valentine's Day
- BHM: Grandmothers
- Little Productivity
- Interesting....
- What's Next?
- Love's Holiday
- BHM: Frances Ellen Watkins Harper
- An Early Valentine's Story
- so true--i'll play
- Computer Avoidance Syndrome (CAS)
- Revising Day
- Bad News First?
- Quick Writing Break
- BHM: The Black Press, Pt 1
- Chapter Three
- Interesting Weekend
- Friday Flowers 2
- BHM: Black Voices
- Friday Flowers
- BHM: Black Women's Organizations, Pt I
- I Can Type
- Black History Month (BHM)
- Another Five Things Meme--YES!
- Errand Day
- A Hard Fight for Me
-
▼
February
(56)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
1 comments:
I shall join you in the dance of joy. It would look a whole lot better if I knew how to dance. :)
Post a Comment