Interesting Weekend

Well not really. But since Blogger was having some issues, I couldn't keep up my BHM posts--more in that genre later today.

It was really a slow, relaxing weekend. I did some work on the diss here and there--read a couple books and just let go a bit. I should have gone to the library as Ragey encouraged, but I didn't. And the beautiful thing is that for once, I don't feel guilty. I needed this weekend to slow down. I am going to finish these last components in a timely manner, but I'm not going to rush. I'll wait until I get all my revision work back to pick up the pace again. I figure, I need to conserve some energy for the real final push that is going to come before the defense.

I filled out a couple more job applications. My mother ran into a friend who happens to work in Human Resources at a local university. My mother, being the talker she is, mentioned I was looking for some temporary work so this kind Human Resources Director gave my mother her email address and encouraged me to send a CV. So I think I have enough applications out now. Hopefully something will bite before the month is out.

I haven't made much new progress on Chapter Seven, but Chapter Three is getting closer to completion. I think I'm going to unplug and work on finishing Chapter Three today so I can get it out tomorrow.

1 comments:

ArticulateDad said...

Good luck. Keep plugging (and unplugging) away. Sounds like you're on top of things. Take the breaks you need, but remember the finish line. And let's hear it for those bites by the end of the month!