Revising Day

Although I probably could press the send button quicker if I didn't go through this ritual, I have to spend the day polishing up Chapter Three before I send it off. The support gang gave me some great encouragement to just get it done. This unfortunately is a case of complete but not done. There are a lot of sentences that I are just barely hanging together in the last sections and I still have a few directional lines in the document "come up with better concluding sentence here"-type stuff. So those must be fixed before I send it off. I am pretty notorious for sending off clean as possible drafts--Can't help it, but it's worth the extra day. Plus CoChair #1 takes clean drafts as a sign of completion so the cleaner the draft, the less work she makes me do.

I'm getting a late start today though. I was missing Dr. J terribly last night after working so late and he, being the sweetheart that he is, was waiting up for me. We talked for a good couple hours which put me in bed at some time ridiculously close to when the sun rises. But it was some much needed QT. Now I just need to finish this today--just as soon as I wake up a little more.

1 comments:

melyssa said...

i love your blog, and i feel your pain. i start my thesis this summer! good luck.

p.s. i'm adding you to my list!