Little Productivity

But lots of excuses for why Chapter Seven is just not going to happen today.
1) I'm officially taking a dissertation break. Seems silly to do at the end but gosh durnit, I don't feel like looking at it.
2) The CoChairs are several chapters behind on their feedback, there is little rush to get it to them.
3) My money is funny, so I'm going to have to postpone my trip to College Town until the first week of March.
4) Did I mention I don't feel like looking at it??

But in my typical fashion, I've come up with some work to do so I feel at least a little productive. The deadline for Major Conference 2006 is this week (yes, we were just there in November, it's that time again). Now that I have a job, I haven't been feeling a lot of impetus to go. But I know I should go--particularly to keep my face in the mix and all that professional development jazz. So just decided I should probably work up a submission or two based on dissertation chapters. Two of my chapters I've presented on previously and those two happen to be the shortest. The rest of my chapters are WAY over conference length so I'm going to see if I can cut one or two down today. Then I have the extremely difficult task of deciding which division to submit to. My work crosses so many areas in my field that I often feel unwelcomed in most of them. Two divisions in particular that should be the most welcoming of my work have sent me the most rejections. My history with this conference makes me want to submit at least two papers in case one gets bounced. But I'll start with one--gotta trim 14 pages of fat. Yikes!

0 comments: