Courtesy of my Midwestern twin Professor Me...
Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.
1) Seeking Solace
2) Statgirl
3) ScienceWoman
4) Professor Me
5) Mon
Next select five people to tag:
1) Ragey
2) Becky B.
3) timna
4) RussianViolets
5) La Lecturess
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Homework. Counting my days to get out of SouthernCity and go North for college.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Last February, I was cramming for my comprehensive exams and being way too busy with sorority stuff.
Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Tostitos & Queso
2. Cake
3. French Fries
4. Chocolate
5. Cheez-Its
Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
1. Hey Mama--Kanye
2. Just about anything from Aladdin
3. Woman First--Kindred the Family Soul
4. Crush--DMB
5. Diary--Alicia Keys
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Pay all of my mom's bills and give her a nest egg for her retirement.
2. Buy a home and invest in some rental properties.
3. Move Dr. J out of UniversityTown and go somewhere exotic to elope.
4. Build a new community center in my area and hire staff equipped to help meet the needs of this area.
5. Take a lot of vacations.
Five bad habits:
1. Procrastinatin
2. Being too hard on myself
3. Letting clothes pile up in my laundry basket
4. Leaving dishes in the sink
5. Poppin my joints/knuckles
Five things you like doing:
1. Taking naps/sleeping
2. Being with Dr. J
3. Shopping
4. Reading
5. Hangin out with my fam on Sundays
Five things you would never wear again:
1. Jams
2. LA Gears
3. Those little Easter Sunday socks that roll down with the lace
4. Barrettes
5. Buster Browns
Five favorite toys:
1. Cell phone
2. Stuffed animals
3. Laptop
4. HDTV
5. SLR Camera
4 comments:
Girl you are always welcome and you know we are both doing the same thing right now--trying to keep work ineresting. (and i do the thing with my eyelashes too!)
I have a Canon EOS Rebel that I LOVE. I purchased it for a photography class my last year of undergraduate work--I ended up taking two expensive semesters because I fell in love with the camera. It takes beautiful pictures--especially if you just love to take pictures. The range of shutter speeds makes it easy to slow down and take detailed scenic shots and to freeze really high action movements as well (great for children). If I get around to it, I'll scan some photos for you.
I will be purchasing a digital SLR as soon as I get settled into my new job--that is going to be my first real gift to myself and I'll definitely get another Canon. I think it is worth the investment if you're going to use it--I've been using this SLR for over six years now and I really don't need another one, I'm just being greedy. I think a digital SLR will be nice to give more control to the digital--I see a lot of snap and shoot digitals that don't focus well and don't deal well with movement. I will definitely testdrive a digital SLR before I make that investment, but what I've read and seen so far makes me think I'll be pleased.
why thank you for the call. I will try to get to it as soon as I think of so many things about me.
I tried to post the meme last night but got stumped on double spacing on the first question. sad to think that sometimes I just get stuck on silly technicalities. but I'm learning.
I bought a Nikon FM2 when they were still novel (1980s) and I have a Nikkormat FT-N (which has got to be as old as me). Sadly, I've hardly used either one for years. I sold off my darkroom equipment about 3 or 4 moves ago. We've got one of those point and shoot digitals that I hate, but it's convenient.
I'm with you Mon, as soon as I settle in a new job (uncertain at this time) I'm getting me a new digital SLR. All the way. Then I can play, make some fine photos, and still have the convenience of digital.
timna--I didn't mean to stump you--hope you got it all figured out.
A-Dad--Darkroom equipment is also on my list but that will probably be a tenure present. Best wishes on the job hunt.
bb--always good to see ya!
Post a Comment