The bad news is, I didn't send off Chapter Three tonight. It is finally complete--I think--I'm really too sleepy to tell. I must be getting old because I can't stay up until 5AM like I used to. Oh but to the point, I added a few more pages and I feel comfortable with the additions--I think.
The good news is, I saved a lot of money on my car insurance by getting rid of my full coverage. And I'll send this puppy off later today. I need to do a read through and language clean-up. And it's going to take a while because this one is another 40+pager. Sigh. Can't wait to press that beautiful send button!!
So I'm a little behind my schedule as always--sue me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(280)
-
▼
February
(56)
- Two Tough Pages
- Sad News--Octavia Butler
- Working Girl
- BHM: Effa Manley
- Representin' Her Hood!
- The Pseudonymous Meme
- You're Hired!
- Distractions
- Nice Saturday Afternoon
- Technology and Innovation Meme
- What the Best College Teachers Do...
- Spring Break in New Orleans
- BHM: Friday Poetry
- Ahhh
- BHM: Another Teaching Moment
- Bringing it Home
- Need a New Deadline
- Good News, Bad News
- BHM: Teaching Lynching
- House Hunt--Stage One
- House Hunting
- BHM: Black Lit Meme
- BHM: Gwendolyn Brooks
- Jumping to Conclusions
- You Will Know
- Book Meme
- BHM: Black Women in the Academy
- Chapter 7 and Conclusion
- BHM: In This Life Together II
- BHM: In This Life Together
- Conference Submissions Suck
- Happy Valentine's Day
- BHM: Grandmothers
- Little Productivity
- Interesting....
- What's Next?
- Love's Holiday
- BHM: Frances Ellen Watkins Harper
- An Early Valentine's Story
- so true--i'll play
- Computer Avoidance Syndrome (CAS)
- Revising Day
- Bad News First?
- Quick Writing Break
- BHM: The Black Press, Pt 1
- Chapter Three
- Interesting Weekend
- Friday Flowers 2
- BHM: Black Voices
- Friday Flowers
- BHM: Black Women's Organizations, Pt I
- I Can Type
- Black History Month (BHM)
- Another Five Things Meme--YES!
- Errand Day
- A Hard Fight for Me
-
▼
February
(56)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
2 comments:
I'm with Prof. Me: I just can't bear to do another read-through. I write so slowly and I re-read constantly when I'm writing; that one extra reading would induce catatonia. But, as always, you show us the way it should be done! Good for you!!
I'm an obsessive re-reader and re-writer. It's amazing I got anything done, really. I'm with Dr. Mon. But I too must be getting old. I can't stay up late working anymore. I get so unproductive and incoherent, that the next day when I reread, I have to throw out half of it, because I don't know what I was saying. Getting up early, well, that's another story.
Remember, Mon... it's never perfect... it's just DONE! Find that "send" button, and go!
Post a Comment