Working Girl

Today was officially my first day on the job and I must say, I am already tired!!! This is going to be interesting for someone who does NOT like to get up early in the morning. But I made it in on time this morning and just spent the day filling out a BUNCH of paperwork. The "real" work starts tomorrow.

I see already that I am going to have a hard time coming home from work without picking up a book. Today I was hunting for that book on Effa Manley but it was at another branch; instead, I picked up a book becky banton recommended to learn more about Black Canadian novelists--The Polished Hoe by Austin Clarke. It's a thick book, which I love, so I had to grab it--not that I really should have time to read it in the next two weeks (bedtime maybe??). And the last case study I am working on is about a local politician--so of course I had the opportunity to pick up some sources on her district. Enough books--Now it's time to get back to my real job...writing.

0 comments: