One job that I applied for required a typing test--at least 50 words per minute with fewer than 5 errors. Well yesterday I took it and failed to qualify. Not because I wasn't fast enough--63 words, but I had too many errors--8. The whole timing thing made something I do all day every day very nerve-wracking! My always helpful mother says, "well it ain't like you trained to be a secretary." Thanks mom.
So I went back today to retake the test and I'm relieved to know that my $100,000+ education means that at least if all else fails, I can type. 70 words a minute with 3 errors. Now let's see if I can get a job.
Updated to Add: I found a short little typing test...
| online typing test (c) CalculatorCat.com |
1 comments:
wow, I guess I too am employable at 71 words a minute. no errors, though the semicolon was a guess.
hope you find something that pays well.
Post a Comment