Ok, I'm tired of grading. Time for bed. A little meme before I go--seen here...
1. When you buy a greetings card are the words or the picture more important to you? The Words.
2. What's your favourite kind of cake? This is hard! I LOVE cake. Chocolate Lovin Spoon Cake from McAlister's, Mom's Pound Cake, Ice Cream Cake and of course a good ol' Yellow Birthday Cake are among my favorites.
3. Do you ever make gifts for people, if so what, or do you buy them? I generally buy gifts--it has been a long time since I made anything for someone else--if I did make something it would probably be edible.
4. What's your favourite holiday? Christmas
5. Are you going on holiday this year? If so, where? Good question. Will hopefully have some beach time with Dr. J this summer but that may be to the local coastline.
6. What was the best party you've ever been to? Probably one of my cousin's birthday parties.
7. If you are married, describe your wedding. If not, what would your ideal wedding be like? We are still figuring out what we'd like our wedding to be like. I think that we'd like to have something a bit fancy and a bit fun. We want to do something really nice and formal to celebrate our big day--something that our families don't normally experience. But we also want the event to communicate our fun and laid back side as well. In terms of details, our ideal wedding will have a traditional Christian ceremony with lots of personalized elements, a hearty dinner under romantic lighting, and a packed dance floor.
8. What's the most romantic thing that's ever happened to you? Getting engaged.
9. What's your favourite romantic song? "Stars" by Kindred the Family Soul.
10. Which celebrity would you like a dream date with? None.
11. Which female celebrity do you find beautiful? There are so many. I'd have to say Angela Bassett is one of my favorites for her classic beauty.
12. Which male celebrity do you think is attractive? Michael Jordan is always a fav.
13. If you could be a fictional character from a book who would you choose? Gotta think on this one...
14. If you could be in a television sit-com, which would you choose? I would have loved to be one of the many Black entertainers, writers, artists, musicians, etc. who had a cameo on The Cosby Show.
15. Which character would you like to be? Of course on the Cosbys I wanted to be Rudy (especially in the early episodes).
16. What's your favourite girl's name? Simone
17. What's your favourite boy's name? Sterling
18. What's your supermarket of choice? Publix at the moment, but I miss Wegmans.
19. What is your best character trait? Sensitivity
20. What is your worst habit? Perfectionism
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(108)
-
▼
March
(37)
- Can't Slap 'Em On
- 20 Questions Meme
- Working Order
- Cause for Concern
- Cool
- Rest and Relief
- Pins and Needles
- Emotions
- Stuck
- TGIF
- Good Decision
- Photo Finish
- Recovery
- Lesson Learned
- Personal Day
- Writing Progress?
- Gotta Work it Out
- Waiting for My Date
- One Word Only
- Moving Slow
- Good Questions, Katie Couric
- Mission Impossible
- Office Meditations
- Oh Break, Where Did You Go?
- Camera Ready 3
- Camera Ready 2
- Camera Ready
- It's Dress Day!
- She's Been Bitten
- Wednesday
- To ________, Or Not To __________
- Getting Back to Work
- WHM: Political First
- Guilty Pleasures Meme
- WHM: Women in the Pulpit
- Women's History Month
- Connecting
-
▼
March
(37)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
1 comments:
Dear Dr. Mon,
I am contacting you regarding a blog survey I am conducting. I am a Ph.D. candidate in Mass Communication at Penn State and my dissertation project consists of a survey that looks at bloggers’ perceived motivations for and effects of their blogging.
I am sending the survey to a number of bloggers, and I would like to invite you to participate in it as well. Participation should take approximately 15 minutes of your time. I would appreciate it tremendously if you would be willing to take the survey. If you decide to do so, please follow the link below:
http://www.personal.psu.edu/cds205/blog/signin.htm
I would be very happy to share the findings of my study with you once it is completed!
If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact me!
Thank you in advance,
Carmen
Post a Comment