Gotta Work it Out

Although I hate Tuesdays with a passion, I actually like Mondays (most of the time). This is my day to write--I don't go to campus and try to avoid all class related work on Mondays. This week I needed my Monday to get back on my regular workout schedule at the gym. Since we returned from Spring Break, I've been rushing to get back on schedule with my teaching and grading so I missed a whole week at the gym. It was good to get back to the gym today--even though I am thoroughly exhausted now.

I'm still a bit behind on class prep stuff, so unfortunately my writing is going to be on the back burner today. I desperately want to get an article or two off for review before the semester ends, but it looks more and more like that is not going to happen. I haven't given up completely yet; hopefully I will find a little time today to at least look at the revisions that I need to do on one of my pieces. Based on the last comments from my writing group, my 19th Century Piece #1 needs more focus and a stronger argument. I have a new outline for it, but I need a bit more time to think about it. That piece probably won't go out until the summer. In the meantime, it may be more practical to focus on 19th Century Piece #2 and/or Chapter Six from the dissertation. Both are works in progress at the moment. Although Chair indicated in my evaluation meeting that I am on the right track, it is very uncomfortable for me to still be without any publications on my CV other than little encyclopedia works. I really want to spend the summer on my book prospectus, but I already see that goal getting pushed back if I can't get some of these potential journal articles out of the potential category.

Sigh. For now, it is time to do some grading and some reading--I'll think about this writing business later today.

0 comments: