Mission Impossible

Ok, it is Thursday. Several days after Spring Break. Everyone should be back in the proper time zone and all of that by now. And it isn't St. Patrick's Day yet (I don't think it is, is it?)

Where are my students????

They look like my students, they talk like my students, but these can't be my students!! It is like zombies or something have taken over their bodies. My more coherent students have offered the following "insights":
  1. Graduation is finally in sight.
  2. They are still on Spring Break. (Also expressed as "from this point out, it is like a permanent Spring Break.")
  3. It is hard to get back into the routine of school after being gone for a whole week.
  4. I dunno.

Teaching today was tough. I put up a good fight, but really, I'm quite tired myself and could use a little more Spring Break. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of staying on vacation. Over the weekend, I'm going to have to think about some new things for the last few weeks of class--this group has definitely gone over to the "dark side" and I gotta find a way to pull them back into the light!

2 comments:

melyssa said...

we're on spring break this week. my students had spring fever last week. hopefully, they will come back refreshed, but i suppose i will have to be prepared for the worse! hope all is going well for you!

Texter said...

I found the weeks following spring break last year to be the hardest time to teach. In general, students found it hard to immerse themselves back into a work mode. I have been anticipating that (for when I get back next week) and tried to implement a few methods last week to ensure a better integration ... but I still expect some bumps... good luck...