Today was a better day. I had a restful sleep and woke up feeling better.
Then I had An Appointment (generic link to what I mean). I've been talking about going for a while--thinking about going for years--but never actually done it until now. I know that people do it all the time; it is even one of Dr. J's areas of expertise. But it is still very foreign to me--even though it seems really run of the mill for academics--none of my friends outside of the academy have--appointments. So at any rate, I did. It was difficult at times but it was much needed. Much like blogging, it was good to just get some things out of my system. I don't know to what extent this will help me kick this blue funk I am in, but I'm willing to just go with the process for a while. I know I can be patient with the process, but I don't know if I can really be patient with me--that is the challenge and that is a big reason why I'm a bit of a mess right now. Dr. J of course is being wonderfully supportive as always, and I'm so thankful to have such a loving and beautiful partner. I want more than anything to be a healthy and whole person for him and for our future family, so I have really got to take the time to take care of me (and be consistent about it)--in whatever form of care that may be.
One thing that did come out of today was further encouragement to keep working out to help with how I've been feeling and to keep my energy up. So right after the meeting I did workout and made some appointments with the trainer for next week. I hope he'll help me come up with some new exercises because I realized today that I am definitely getting bored with my current routine.
The other thing that I needed to do today was eat some real food. I haven't cooked a good meal for myself in a while and with my stomach being all out of whack of late, it was a much needed step in feeling better to just get some good solid food in me.
Slowly my mind is getting back on track to focus on school again. I'm going to do a little work for school tomorrow, but I'm trying not to overdo it. I'm not 100% yet, but I'm okay with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(108)
-
▼
March
(37)
- Can't Slap 'Em On
- 20 Questions Meme
- Working Order
- Cause for Concern
- Cool
- Rest and Relief
- Pins and Needles
- Emotions
- Stuck
- TGIF
- Good Decision
- Photo Finish
- Recovery
- Lesson Learned
- Personal Day
- Writing Progress?
- Gotta Work it Out
- Waiting for My Date
- One Word Only
- Moving Slow
- Good Questions, Katie Couric
- Mission Impossible
- Office Meditations
- Oh Break, Where Did You Go?
- Camera Ready 3
- Camera Ready 2
- Camera Ready
- It's Dress Day!
- She's Been Bitten
- Wednesday
- To ________, Or Not To __________
- Getting Back to Work
- WHM: Political First
- Guilty Pleasures Meme
- WHM: Women in the Pulpit
- Women's History Month
- Connecting
-
▼
March
(37)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
3 comments:
Good for you! I could take some lessons...
It sounds like the appointment was a good thing! I think mine are always helpful, if for nothing else than getting some perspective.
it is good to take care of yourself. i say, do what you gotta do!
Post a Comment