Working Order

It should go without saying, but I'm so glad it is Friday. In the midst of the business of the week and the emotions around Dr. J's visit, I've been struggling a bit physically. Increased fatigue and stomach problems didn't really get my attention--but almost passing out at the gym the other day did. So I went to the doctor and discovered I may have experienced something called vasovagal pre-syncope. I learned a lot (and perhaps now have a reason for why I fainted in the eighth grade, the cause for which was never known even after a CAT scan). It is good to know that what I experienced is not serious or uncommon and that several things (a possible stomach bug, strenuous leg exercise, and perhaps a little dehydration) may have led to it. I'm just relieved that I don't have some serious condition and this was a needed reminder to take it easy and take care of myself. I think the doctor is correct in that I have been fighting a stomach virus, but as my stomach is so easily upset during a certain time of the month or when I'm very stressed, I hadn't been paying it much attention.

So although I may not be 100%, it is good to know everything inside is working as it should for the most part. I'm going to take it easy today and just get a little grading done so I can enjoy seeing Dr. J on Sunday!

3 comments:

RageyOne said...

Oh goodness, take care of yourself and get some rest. Enjoy your visit with Dr. J.

Bardiac said...

Glad to hear you're okay!

phd me said...

I know exactly what you're talking about: I was diagnosed with it during college. I only had to pass out cold a few times before they figured out what was going on. :) Now I know the warning signs of impending pole-axing so I've managed to avoid hitting the floor since then. Like you said, not fun but nice to know what's going on.

Very, very glad you're feeling better! Enjoy your upcoming time with Dr. J!