I'm so glad to be done with this week. I feel like I survived. I was up way too early this morning (it was dark outside--too weird). I had a good time with the VIPs when I finally got to campus (after a 75 minute commute which is why I don't generally go to campus in the morning). After the meeting, I got some work done for next week's classes and waited for students to turn in their next round of papers. Thankfully, all of my students except for one or two submitted their papers by the indicated noon deadline, even after much whining and petitioning for it to be moved to 5:00. I'm glad I kept the early deadline--that allowed me to leave a bit earlier today and run some errands before coming home to take a serious nap. I was a bit too tired and sore to workout today, but I will get in my last workout of the week tomorrow.
Tonight, I'll do a little grading or reading until Dr. J gets home from work for our Friday night TV date. Unfortunately grading will occupy most of my weekend and probably a bit of my Monday, but I'm going to try my best to get these papers done before Monday so I can have my writing day.
I'm actually looking forward to this weekend and the week ahead. The week ahead brings the end of March and the beginning of April. Having April in sight is like the light at the end of the tunnel for my students and for me. I'm catching their "itis" for graduation. This week Dr. J is headed to his campus visit. I'm excited for him; it is great opportunity and I know he's going to do wonderfully. On a related note, this coming week marks the end of our extended time apart. I'm still bummed that I didn't make it to University Town during Spring Break and was unsure when we'd get together again. It looks like we are going to meet somewhere in between University Town and Gorgeous City which will be a nice mini-vacation. I truly need some time with him. It has been way too long--since the Superbowl. Hopefully when I see him we'll be celebrating positive news on his campus visit (they were pretty quick about contacting him after the conference interview--I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another quick callback).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(108)
-
▼
March
(37)
- Can't Slap 'Em On
- 20 Questions Meme
- Working Order
- Cause for Concern
- Cool
- Rest and Relief
- Pins and Needles
- Emotions
- Stuck
- TGIF
- Good Decision
- Photo Finish
- Recovery
- Lesson Learned
- Personal Day
- Writing Progress?
- Gotta Work it Out
- Waiting for My Date
- One Word Only
- Moving Slow
- Good Questions, Katie Couric
- Mission Impossible
- Office Meditations
- Oh Break, Where Did You Go?
- Camera Ready 3
- Camera Ready 2
- Camera Ready
- It's Dress Day!
- She's Been Bitten
- Wednesday
- To ________, Or Not To __________
- Getting Back to Work
- WHM: Political First
- Guilty Pleasures Meme
- WHM: Women in the Pulpit
- Women's History Month
- Connecting
-
▼
March
(37)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education8 years ago
-
*waves*9 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
4 comments:
i am reveling in the weekend. it was that kind of week.
Is the campus visit in a location that would be helpful for you, too?
B*--Campus visit is in a whole new time zone. I'm excited about it because it is somewhere I like; but, it is WAY far away from where either of us is right now. So no, it is not helpful for the immediate future.
Unfortunately I chose a job that has zero academic options for his field. So as you can see I've avoided blogging about the implications of all this; I'm tryin to wait for the good news to come on this position for him before I deal with the unsure news of what's going to happen in my world next.
I relate to what you're going through... feel free to keep us posted, if you want, but I understand not wanting to talk about it, too.
Post a Comment