Personal Day
It probably wouldn't be a good move to take a personal day tomorrow. But I am really thinking about it. Is that even possible? Can I play hookie? That would be really unprofessional--wouldn't it?? I do have three sections of students who will likely show up for class so I should too. Right? Thing is, it is 2AM, and I haven't accomplished much on prepping for class tomorrow. How quickly my day has taken a downward spiral. For a number of unbloggable reasons, I feel like crap emotionally which inevitably leads to me feeling like crap physically. My overly sensitive stomach is now responding to my overly sensitive heart. This sucks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(108)
-
▼
March
(37)
- Can't Slap 'Em On
- 20 Questions Meme
- Working Order
- Cause for Concern
- Cool
- Rest and Relief
- Pins and Needles
- Emotions
- Stuck
- TGIF
- Good Decision
- Photo Finish
- Recovery
- Lesson Learned
- Personal Day
- Writing Progress?
- Gotta Work it Out
- Waiting for My Date
- One Word Only
- Moving Slow
- Good Questions, Katie Couric
- Mission Impossible
- Office Meditations
- Oh Break, Where Did You Go?
- Camera Ready 3
- Camera Ready 2
- Camera Ready
- It's Dress Day!
- She's Been Bitten
- Wednesday
- To ________, Or Not To __________
- Getting Back to Work
- WHM: Political First
- Guilty Pleasures Meme
- WHM: Women in the Pulpit
- Women's History Month
- Connecting
-
▼
March
(37)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
2 comments:
Oh, I'm sorry - and I totally advocate for a personal day. Feel better soon!
sometimes you *need* to take a personal day. i hope you took it, despite having the 3 classes. 'tis better to cancel than to go in unprepared.
i hope you get to feeling better.
Post a Comment