Teaching Portfolio--Weekend Plans

Slowly but surely, the pieces of this teaching portfolio puzzle are coming together. One sample syllabus is done (introductory course). And tonight I finished the summary of courses I can teach in my various areas of expertise. I need to polish up my syllabus for the advanced/specialized course (about 75% done), and recreate the third one for undergraduate majors. I want to make it more of a survey course--I'm not sure why I'm getting so involved with this process of making syllabi, but I want to be happy with what I'm putting together. So I originally had the third syllabus organized around a couple of texts that I would like to teach, but I'm changing it to important themes in my major research area. That way I can survey important literatures and leave room for primary texts and media clippings as well (it makes sense in my head).

Friday's Goal is to finish fiddlin' with this portfolio stuff and put it away for a few days. Miss Daisy has a half-day tomorrow so I don't have to pick her up--that will give me some more time to write in the afternoon.

Saturday's Goal is getting back on Third Chapter. I am really hoping I can pull together this draft of Third Chapter in a couple weeks. The working paper that I have so far is very strong and just needs to be expanded, mostly in terms of biographical information and scholarly literature. I think the analysis of the rhetorical text is already pretty solid. And I have some good feedback from my Outside Member that will really get me going. Now if I can just figure out how to properly cite government records (since her pink pen indicates that I do not know how), I'll be well on my way!

Sunday's Goal--Enjoying family and sorority time. I love Sundays because we always do the big Southern extended family Sunday dinner thing. But I'm especially excited about this Sunday. I'm going to my first sorority meeting down here. It's going to be good, but bittersweet. This will be my first meeting in this region and things in our sorority tend to vary from region to region. But again, I'm looking forward to it--I'm missing the activity of sorority life very much right now.

0 comments: