Ahhhhhhhhh. Man, this one feels GOOD. After days, weeks, a whole month of excruciating work with this chapter, I finally have it DONE. As it turns out, there was still more that needed to be added to the never ending Chapter Two for me to feel comfortable with it. But it is now ready to go out. Damage when it was all said and done--45 pages. Gracious.
Tomorrow I'll proof the new pieces I added to it--just a quick reading of typos and I need to double-check my footnotes. And then I will SEND IT OFF to my advisors. Hopefully I can get it out before the food is off the grill (yeah its Labor Day cookout time!) It is going to feel incredible to get this thing off my desk. I already feel like a tremendous weight has been lifted even though I technically have one more step to finish this draft.
Special thanks to Dr. J for encouraging me through this one. I needed it and I got your back as you finish your paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
September
(29)
- As of Yet...
- End of the Month Reflections
- 15 Day Hold
- The Increasing Mess That is My Job Search
- How Do You Know What You Know?
- Back in Business
- Diggin In--3 Hard Pages
- How to Write: Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Feelin Good About Just Writing
- Three Page Goal
- Slow Progress
- Teaching Portfolio--Weekend Plans
- Teaching Portfolio: Sample Syllabi??
- A Divo...
- Queen of To-Do Lists
- Getting Organized
- Becoming a Professor...
- Back to Life, Back to Reality
- On Vacation
- A Lovely Day
- Chapter Two--OUT!!
- Exhale
- Direct Hurricane Aid Opportunity
- Don't Wanna Talk About Katrina
- So This is "That" Chapter
- No Weekend for Me
- Still Revising
- Obsession (not the fragrance)
- So Close
-
▼
September
(29)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment