I am determined to get some things off of this to do list. Fortunately, since its the weekend, there will be no new job postings, so that will be one less means of procrastinating. I talked to a very helpful member of a department that is searching in the Big Ten today. Her friendliness further motivated me to apply so the count is up again. Even though reading the postings is a huge procrastination tool, I did find some things today.
Count
T-T: 6
Postdocs: 7
I think I've figured out who I want to ask to write for each of these positions so far. Gotta get my requests in ASAP so I can get that off the to-do list as well. In the meantime, back to revising Chapter Two AND starting Third Chapter.
This is where life may become confusing. My dissertation is a monster of a project. Two introductory chapters, five content chapters, and a conclusion. Three of my content chapters are drafted--I just need to do more research and expand on them. So I am going to begin work on those first before I start creating chapters from scratch. That way, by the end of this year, I can have three solid analyses and if I need to jettison something to graduate on time, I'll just chuck the stuff that I haven't even started yet. Make sense? These content chapters (I hope) will be on the smallish side--I'm focusing on particular rhetorical moments rather than entire political careers. So each content chapter is the analysis of just one or two texts by a particular Black women politician. Feel me? The three chapters I have drafted happen to be Chapters Four, Five, and Six. But I'm still waiting to determine the final order these chapters are going to be in. I proposed them in a weird topical order, but put them in chronological order in the introduction (Chapter One). So in that order, this Third Chapter would be Chapter Six.
So for the purposes of blogging and self-organization, I'm logging from now on as 3rd, 4th, etc. That way, when I get to the last chapter, I can call it just that LAST Chapter. I think that will feel much better (especially since the last content chapter will probably be Chapter Three and that would be down right depressing to think that I'm only on the third chapter next semester!) All that being on the floor, I'm going to revise for a few more hours and then switch to the Third Chapter. I need to refamiliarize myself with the material and start working on the revision ideas I received on it from one of my professors. Fun Fun Fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
September
(29)
- As of Yet...
- End of the Month Reflections
- 15 Day Hold
- The Increasing Mess That is My Job Search
- How Do You Know What You Know?
- Back in Business
- Diggin In--3 Hard Pages
- How to Write: Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Feelin Good About Just Writing
- Three Page Goal
- Slow Progress
- Teaching Portfolio--Weekend Plans
- Teaching Portfolio: Sample Syllabi??
- A Divo...
- Queen of To-Do Lists
- Getting Organized
- Becoming a Professor...
- Back to Life, Back to Reality
- On Vacation
- A Lovely Day
- Chapter Two--OUT!!
- Exhale
- Direct Hurricane Aid Opportunity
- Don't Wanna Talk About Katrina
- So This is "That" Chapter
- No Weekend for Me
- Still Revising
- Obsession (not the fragrance)
- So Close
-
▼
September
(29)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment