Teaching Portfolio: Sample Syllabi??

Ok, so how many sample syllabi should I include in my teaching portfolio? I've only taught two courses, both general eds, both I've taught a few million times. But I'm not applying for jobs to teach those courses. All the positions I'm applying for are more directly related to my own research so I want to include some "dream" syllabi that I've created and hope to use in the future. The question is, how many??? I'm thinking three:
  • One course based on my research (highly specialized, upperdivision)
  • One course that is a more general/theoretical look at the field and the literature in the field (good course for a major in the field who has at least had one or two intro courses)
  • One general introduction course on rhetoric
Then I'm thinking about adding a page or two of additional course summaries that I can teach in my field and in my minor/interdisciplinary fields. Too much??

0 comments: