First, and most importantly, I haven't really done any writing on my dissertation this week. That sucks. Maybe tonight. I think in the back of my head I know I still have enough time to get this draft out by the end of the week so I'm not feeling pressed. Unfortunately, I need a little personal deadline pressure right now to get me going.
But my first two job application deadlines are approaching and I don't need the pressure. I'm definitely starting to feel rushed to put stuff together. I've been working steadily on my materials but I'm feeling a little frazzled. I think it's because this is my FIRST set of applications I'm sending out. My internal perfectionism is in overdrive right now. My first application to go in is to one of my top choices so that is keeping the stress level a little higher than normal. And because it's my among my top choices, I don't want to wait till the last minute to send this stuff off. I really want to have everything in the mail EARLY next week. Once I get these applications in the mail, I'll feel like I can breathe again--at least until my November deadlines start approaching!
So I'm polishing up my first two cover letters to go out. The one in my major field is pretty much set to go--feelin good about it. The second one makes me ask--how do I know what I know?? The institution has specifically asked that letters show one's interdisciplinary knowledge. Well how do you show knowledge in a letter? I'm not happy with what I have so far--I don't think it is doing what it's supposed to do--so I need to finish up this draft TONIGHT and send it out for feedback...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
September
(29)
- As of Yet...
- End of the Month Reflections
- 15 Day Hold
- The Increasing Mess That is My Job Search
- How Do You Know What You Know?
- Back in Business
- Diggin In--3 Hard Pages
- How to Write: Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Feelin Good About Just Writing
- Three Page Goal
- Slow Progress
- Teaching Portfolio--Weekend Plans
- Teaching Portfolio: Sample Syllabi??
- A Divo...
- Queen of To-Do Lists
- Getting Organized
- Becoming a Professor...
- Back to Life, Back to Reality
- On Vacation
- A Lovely Day
- Chapter Two--OUT!!
- Exhale
- Direct Hurricane Aid Opportunity
- Don't Wanna Talk About Katrina
- So This is "That" Chapter
- No Weekend for Me
- Still Revising
- Obsession (not the fragrance)
- So Close
-
▼
September
(29)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment