That Darn Car

So despite the emotional outbursts that came from the decision, I decided to spend Easter here in Gorgeous City. Dr. J's mom said if I was gonna be in town I was welcome to stop by for dinner. So I decided to take her up on her offer--especially since (like me) you never know when she's going to cook again (and she's a GREAT cook).

I woke up late this morning and had that moment of contemplation--am I going to church? I was so tired--still am--but somehow got myself up, showered, dressed, and out of the house in 20 minutes (which is an Easter miracle in and of itself). I was very glad that I made it to church--even though I hated being late. The service was wonderful and I had a blessed time. I called Dr. J's mom to see if she needed me to bring anything--she did--ice. So I stopped by the Super Store since it was one of the few things open on my side of town as I wasn't sure what would be open out her way (Dr. J's family is from "the country"). This turned out to be a good decision because it meant I had to pass my house on the way from the store to her house. Why? Between the .5 mile stretch of road between Super Store and my house, my car begin to make this noise. At first, I didn't think it was my car of course, but just as I was nearing my house I looked down and saw that my car was overheating. Great. It looks like I've busted my radiator hose. The good thing about that is that it shouldn't cost me an arm and a leg to fix--bad thing is I gotta spend some time tomorrow finding someone to fix it when I really just wanted to work on my writing.

Now the thing about "my car" is that it is actually my mother's old car. Since she bought that ugly Box, she didn't need it anymore and it was running better than the car I had at the time. But of course, ever since she gave it to me, she's been making remarks that the car is not going to last forever and asking/nagging "when are you going to think about getting another car." So I'm not looking forward to the next time she asks me "how's the car doing" (which she asks quite frequently). The one upside is that I can say I made a good decision about not driving to Hometown for Easter.

Now I'm just chillin at home, wishin the Masters was on already. Dr. J's mom has offered to come pick me up, but of course I feel bad that she has to come out of her way. Sigh. Very strange Easter Sunday I'm having so far...

2 comments:

RageyOne said...

Sorry to hear about your car woes.

Mon said...

Thanks--I just hate having car problems on Sundays!