I didn't write today. I'm a little sad about that. I am really going to have to devote some energy to writing this coming weekend. I need to get an abstract together for the Cool Conference and pull together my dissertation award application package for Major Conference. I have two ideas for Cool Conference--one of which came to me in the shower this morning. I want to propose something that I will write and turn into an article over winter break after the conference. I'm imagining that will be the last piece of scholarship that I send out pre-wedding/pre-married life.
**Speaking of the wedding and married life. . . .I am wondering about how getting married and being married is going to affect my research. I am trying my best to plan ahead and get a lot done this summer and fall so I can enjoy our marriage, but I am a little anxious about it and will have to blog more about that. I'm also a little anxious because this is THE week we should find out if Dr. J gets the offer from Top School. I'm still very positive but slowly coming to the realization that I may have to add being on the market again to my list of things for the summer and fall.**
So although I didn't write today, I did rest, deal with cramps, and take care of a little bit of grading that I accumulated this past week while I was getting through those 6 page papers. I am also almost done with my reading for tomorrow's Speciality Course (which is cool because I'm usually just getting started around this time). But I have to admit that I'm not enthused about class. I really would rather skip this week and go straight to next week--our last class. They were such bores last week--hardly anyone read--so I'm just not motivated to go waste anymore time with them. I've tried to switch up the discussions and the readings and the format, but it obvious that they've checked out for the semester and I haven't been fighting it. Tomorrow we'll watch a bit of a film, maybe pull some discussion questions out of a hat and do mini-presentations or some in-class writing--something to make sure everyone is writing/thinking/speaking instead of just sitting looking stupid. I'll do the class completely differently when I teach it again--and it definitely won't be a night class. But for now, I'm glad I only have two more Tuesdays to go with this class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment