- Imus is fired--good. I want to follow up on the comments I made when the story first broke, but I'm not feeling particularly eloquent. I have mixed feelings as it truly seems to be more about sponsor dollars that standing up for women and people of color. I'm annoyed by CBS who seemed quick to sacrifice a Black woman's body in the Janet Jackson Superbowl "incident" and slow to protect the bodies of Black collegiate women in the face of Imus' remarks. I agree wholeheartedly with Stephen A. Smith in his interview with Anderson Cooper prior to the firing.
- I have more to say about my student and my institution's reluctance to honor her memory, but I probably shouldn't say anything about that. I just can't help but feel that if she was a member of one of the area's more prestigious families and was a traditional college student, things would be different.
- I need to do my taxes today. Really.
- I have a lot on my mind about Dr. J and Top School, but I'm trying to keep the positive vibes going. I'm anxious, and I know he is too.
- I finally picked out my book for my new fall course, although it isn't even in print yet and I've never seen it. I'm annoyed that I'm teaching another new course. I'm annoyed with my job, and I need a serious attitude overhaul in regards to my job before fall semester.
- I've been thinking about my research today, and I may spend some time on my Chapter Six article today (if I can take care of my taxes).
- I miss Dr. J.
Random Bullets
I just can't get a full post together today. So in the tradition of RV, here are the random bullets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment