Ok, this application thing has to stop. I just sent out one more. I think having all these deadlines over my head has been extremely distracting to my writing (although I did do some revising tonight also--felt good). Part of me is pushing to complete them so I can get back to my normal so called life.
So I sent out the one postdoc that was due in November. It was an eletronic submission, so barring the "I wonder if they'll get it"-cyber-anxiety, it felt good to get that off my desk. I've decided to jettison the next two postdocs that are due, neither of which are located anywhere I'm really prepared to live (even for just a year). Taking those two out of the mix means that (in theory), I don't have to even think about a postdoc application until mid-December. That clears out November for me to get ready for my first campus visit, pull together this dissertation stuff, and get geared for the national conference. Those three things are more than enough to keep me occupied this month.
So one more out--one more opportunity to be not as broke as I am right now. Exciting stuff.
The waiting continues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
October
(26)
- One More Out My System
- All Gone!
- Sleepy Sunday
- Done with Job Hunt--Phase I
- Revising Day
- How Did They Know??
- Good Week
- On Location
- Working Weekend
- Being Scholarly/Being Me
- Wilma
- I'm Still Smart
- Going on the Market, Con Accent
- What's a Girl Gotta Do
- Getting Back on Track
- Going to Campus
- Needs Meme
- Frankie Works, I Don't
- Commemorative Stamp for Hattie McDaniel
- Back on the Blog
- Two Applications OUT!!
- Well You Betta Work Hard
- Close Call
- Constance Baker Motley
- Step By Step
- I Wrote That?
-
▼
October
(26)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
1 comments:
The waiting just sucks, but yesterday, I got the coveted call. Yours will come soon, i'm sure.
Post a Comment