For some reason, not completely clear even to me, my mood has been declining rapidly over the past few days. But tonight, I had a good pick-me-up. I have been working away on my teaching portfolio, my website, and my dissertation abstract. [I've also been working on those durn cover letters again--I know I know--I'm supposed to be done with them, but a friend found a typo and now I'm paranoid.] But back to the point, in working on my dissertation abstract, I decided to take a look at Chapter One. A look became a reading, and after I read the whole thing I could only say one thing--
Man, did I write that?
It wasn't just that I hadn't looked at the document in a while. I just plan impressed myself. My writing has truly come a long way and if I do say so myself, Chapter One definitely has the makings for a good book. If I read that chapter, even with its academic nods, in a book, I would be compelled to read more. That made me feel good tonight. So I'm going to keep working a little while longer--took a long nap today so I'm not in the immediate need of sleep. Hopefully I can keep up some positive momentum for tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
October
(26)
- One More Out My System
- All Gone!
- Sleepy Sunday
- Done with Job Hunt--Phase I
- Revising Day
- How Did They Know??
- Good Week
- On Location
- Working Weekend
- Being Scholarly/Being Me
- Wilma
- I'm Still Smart
- Going on the Market, Con Accent
- What's a Girl Gotta Do
- Getting Back on Track
- Going to Campus
- Needs Meme
- Frankie Works, I Don't
- Commemorative Stamp for Hattie McDaniel
- Back on the Blog
- Two Applications OUT!!
- Well You Betta Work Hard
- Close Call
- Constance Baker Motley
- Step By Step
- I Wrote That?
-
▼
October
(26)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment