For whatever reason, I needed a break from the blog. Things are well here. Third Chapter is DONE. I'm proofreading it today and I'll send it out later. I finished up my "real" website, and although I want to make some changes to the design, I'm not going to mess with it anymore for a while.
I think my hiatus from the blog has been largely to keep myself from going on and on about recent developments in my professional life. I've received some excellent feedback on my first application, and I'm being moved along in the job search process. I am going to respect the process and not go on about it here. But I'm happy to be getting a bite even though I'm a young ABD'r. I think this speaks well for the future. We'll see what happens. (Thanks for all the encouraging notes on my applications!)
In the meantime--I'm proofreading today. Shoulda done it this weekend but I was tending to the professional stuff. Starting on Fourth Chapter tomorrow. I have a draft started (about 20+ pages), but I need to go back and read the two texts that the chapter centers on. The focus of this chapter is on two autobiographies written by an African American woman politician. I haven't read them in a while so that will get me started back.
Still need to work on my dissertation abstract and get cranking on my next round of cover letters. I have 3 applications due at the end of the month--more cover letter fun!! YEAH!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
October
(26)
- One More Out My System
- All Gone!
- Sleepy Sunday
- Done with Job Hunt--Phase I
- Revising Day
- How Did They Know??
- Good Week
- On Location
- Working Weekend
- Being Scholarly/Being Me
- Wilma
- I'm Still Smart
- Going on the Market, Con Accent
- What's a Girl Gotta Do
- Getting Back on Track
- Going to Campus
- Needs Meme
- Frankie Works, I Don't
- Commemorative Stamp for Hattie McDaniel
- Back on the Blog
- Two Applications OUT!!
- Well You Betta Work Hard
- Close Call
- Constance Baker Motley
- Step By Step
- I Wrote That?
-
▼
October
(26)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment