It's rainy, it's cloudy, some tropical storm type weather here. But I am having a sunny day. My teaching portfolio is bound and looking nice (simple, clean, professional if you ask me). And more importantly, my first two job applications are in the mail. For the next 6 positions or so, I only need to write cover letters. I made copies of all the additional teaching materials I need and I have my transcripts, so all I have to do between now and November is write some more letters. Fun. Then I'll start writing research statements/plans for my postdocs. More fun.
But no raining on my parade. I'm happy to have those two things off my list. The good people at USPS promise delivery of my applications by Friday so I am happily ahead of the deadline. Yeah me. Back to work on Third Chapter now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
October
(26)
- One More Out My System
- All Gone!
- Sleepy Sunday
- Done with Job Hunt--Phase I
- Revising Day
- How Did They Know??
- Good Week
- On Location
- Working Weekend
- Being Scholarly/Being Me
- Wilma
- I'm Still Smart
- Going on the Market, Con Accent
- What's a Girl Gotta Do
- Getting Back on Track
- Going to Campus
- Needs Meme
- Frankie Works, I Don't
- Commemorative Stamp for Hattie McDaniel
- Back on the Blog
- Two Applications OUT!!
- Well You Betta Work Hard
- Close Call
- Constance Baker Motley
- Step By Step
- I Wrote That?
-
▼
October
(26)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
2 comments:
Congrats! and Good luck!
very exciting!! We're pulling for you. :)
Post a Comment