Research Award!!
I am feeling so blessed this evening. Just when I needed it most, I received an email letting me know that I've received a Top Student Paper Award for one of the papers I'm presenting at this month's Major Conference. I've never received an award at this conference so I am just THRILLED. What a wonderful way to start the month!! Since you all keep insisting that I need to celebrate, I think I will!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
4 comments:
You should definitely celebrate. Wow - what an honor!
Does this mean an "automatic" publication or will you still have to run the gauntlet of editorial review?
Thanks abd me! I wish this was an automatic pub, but it's not. This is a huge conference so publishing the proceedings could only be impossible. This paper is kinda like Star Wars--I wrote my MA thesis and then I wrote this paper during my doctoral coursework as kind of a "prequel" to the thesis project--hopefully it will all make a book....one day....
Congrats! Ride that good vibe for more great things to come.
sorry on late on this, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! what nice validation.
Post a Comment