Homework Day
A productive day of "getting my homework done." I was given more information today on upcoming Important Visit--particularly details about my teaching presentation. I now know what class I'm teaching in, have a better idea of what the students know, and where I'm coming into the mix. So I have a couple ideas in mind--just need to pick one--by say, tomorrow. I've also spent a lot of today researching the department and the faculty on a more in-depth level. Ran across a couple of published pieces that got me thinking about my dissertation so I followed those rabbit trails--came up with a few more articles that could support the diss. But overall it's been good so far just to read over pieces from different aspects of my field, and I'm learning a lot about my field in general by reading the works of this group. Kudos to teacher-scholars. The last major item on the agenda was that I came up with a pretty hefty list of questions that I want to be sure to ask during my visit--this visit is very much about information seeking for me, so I want to be sure all my questions get answered. I'm feeling very neutral about the whole process--I think its going to take a few more days for nerves and adrenaline to kick in. Maybe after I nail down this talk this weekend. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment