I'm just revising away this week. I got through Advisor #1's changes last night. It's going to take a few more days to tackle the requests of Advisor #2, who is on this citation rampage with my work. She was kind enough to indicate that she may have gone overboard about wanting citations and that I could ignore some of her requests. Whew. But I haven't been in the scholarly literature of my diss for a while so it will be good to work in the trenches for a few days.
In the meantime, I'm awaiting more news from Campus Visit School to find out what topic I should be teaching on for my presentation. And I'm thinking that I'm going to spend the weekend working on my job talk. I have a rough idea of what I want to do in my mind, but I need to discuss it more with Advisor #2 who is the job search guru. The school wants to hear about completed research, dissertation update, and future research, so I'm thinking about a past-present-future approach. Something like that. I'm anxious to get to work on it so I may start today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment