I should have put up a moving counter--perhaps that would have reminded me that I need to make arrangements to get my stuff from point A to point B. I know my family wants to help, but since I do have a moving budget--I wonder if it is too late to hire some folks?? I don't feel like dealing with this move at all. I wish I could just nod my head and my stuff would reappear in New School City. Fat chance.
I received a mountain of paperwork that I need to complete for New School--an additional reminder that I need to get my stuff in order. I don't know why my usual on-the-ball nature has disappeared all of a sudden. Could it be because I REALLY hate moving?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
3 comments:
I am with you on this one. I HATE moving--and ignoring the fact that I need to pack boxes isn't helping.
outsource if you can mon. let some paid professionals handle that stuff. warning: they may take a while delivering it as i recently discovered . while i have arrived, my stuff has not.
girlblue--that's pretty much the main reason why i didn't set up a professional move a while back. everyone i know who has done so has ended up without stuff. I'm only moving an 1.5 hours from home so I'd be really annoyed to not have my stuff here or there. But I'm scouting folks to load/unload the truck for me!!
Post a Comment