Home Sweet Home
The dust has finally settled. I'm in my new place--by myself. I love my family and appreciate their help, but it is so good to now be able to get things organized the way I want them in peace. The place is really nice--it has a few new construction kinks, but hopefully we can get those solved soon. I have a lot of decorating and unpacking left to do and I can't decide what to tackle first. I have a sneaking suspicion that I am not going to touch a thing today. Instead, I think I'm just going to drive around New School City and go down to campus to scope out my new (albeit temporary) office space. I also need to figure out where my credit union branch is here because I am all tapped out of money in my College Town account. It will hopefully be a good day of exploring--but regardless--it is just good to be home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
7 comments:
Welcome to your new physical space! Enjoy!
Yay! I'm glad you're there and pleased with the new home. :)
Yeah, Mon's home!
Welcome home :)
congrats on getting there--happy settling in.
Yay! Sorry I've been MIA - the dissertation and a summer chock full of house-guests has been overwhelming to say the least.All the best settling in as the place begin to feel more and more like home.
Post a Comment