With the exception of my downstairs phone jacks, my place is finally in fully working order. I still need to finish unpacking my clothes and my books--maybe today, maybe not. It feels good to finally be settled in. I wish Dr. J didn't have to return to University Town yesterday, but he has to get back to the business of dissertating. We had a nice time together--excluding the time we wasted seeing Pirates 2--the worse sequel I've seen in quite some time. I should have let him help me unpack some more but I didn't want to spend our little bit of time together doing that. We did take a very nice trip down to campus to see my office and I really like my space. I'm sharing with another junior faculty who teaches most of her classes at our branch campus, but the space is really huge. The walls are a nice bright color, we have huge windows, and there is a door adjacent to our office that leads to a big balcony--I foresee working outside when the weather is not quite so steamy. My computer equipment is in--tomorrow I'll go back to get all of that stuff set up and squared away. I did learn that both my classes are full but they are even smaller than I was expecting--so I'll need to make a few more adjustments to my syllabi.
My pre-work anxiety has faded and I'm back to feeling ready to get to it. I just need to actually get ready!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
4 comments:
Wow...sounds like you are really making progress. Getting settled right in. It seems like a lot of new faculty are now sharing offices--glad to hear your space is huge (and with a balcony! Wow!). I get my own space but no balcony.
Glad to hear all is well!
I am not jealous, I am not jealous... Huge windows AND a balcony? I'm jealous! But since you actually deserve such accoutrements, I'll conquer the monster. I didn't realize you were sharing, too. We'll have to compare stories!
It sounds like the move is going fairly well. That's great! I'm glad Dr. J was able to see your new spaces and help you get adjusted.
Post a Comment