After several sleepless nights, not enough coffee, and just enough boxes, the packing is finished. Now if the muscle to move it would just show up, I'll be good to go. I'm completely exhausted and anxious--I've been in a terrible mood all week (hence the lack of writing). My mind is going ten million miles per second--not just about the move but mostly about this new position I'm walking into. At times, I think I'm crazy for thinking I'm anywhere near ready for this. I didn't have too many anxiety/imposter-syndrome dreams in grad school, but goodness I am having them now. And of course, now that my graduation invites are printed (just got them today and they are sooo cute), I'm thinking about that other thing again.
But first things first, I gotta get outta here and down to New School City!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
3 comments:
Yay for finishing with packing, and good luck with the rest of the move. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that you'll be absolutely amazing in your new job. But times like this are quite overwhelming - just hang in there and hopefully you'll feel much better once you're settled in your new house! :)
Safe travels to New School City! You are for this new portion of your life. You'll do wonderful!
Silly Mind of Mon, hurring along at such a frantic pace to worry about her new job. We know she'll be absolutely studendous, so Mind, give Mon a break and let her enjoy this exciting transition to her new position. (But, boy, do I know how you feel! Good luck with everything!)
Post a Comment