Dr. J and I have taken a lot of trips in the short time we've known each other, but we realized that this was really the first time we've gotten away for just us. No conferences, no family obligations, no dissertation stuff involved--just a little touristy holiday for the two of us. Destination: Hotlanta. The trip was full of highlights--I've been wanting to blog about it all day. But of course now that I have the time, I don't have the energy. We checked out the massive new aquarium and watched the Braves beat the Cardinals.There was also some good shoppingand good times with friends. Dr. J pampered me all weekend--I had to be careful about what I said I liked, because moments later there he was gift in hand (one of my favorite being a little stuffed animal--a baby beluga from the aquarium. I couldn't believe they actually had whales in the aquarium--that was definitely impressive to see).

But the two best highlights of the trip were definitely sleeping and shopping. Sleeping on a Heavenly Bed was truly an experience. I've never slept so well at a hotel. Even Dr. J was knocked out, and he has a tendency to toss and turn in foreign places. We didn't make it to the pool--that was the one big thing on our list (other than chicken and waffles) that we didn't get to do--and it was largely because we slept in every day. But I truly thought I was in heaven when Dr. J took me ring shopping. We talked about rings before--we talk about weddings and marriage a LOT--but this was our first time in a few stores together. I knew that there were certain things I didn't like--I don't like yellow gold or solitaires or rings that are too high or wide because my fingers are so small. But I learned that my eye is drawn to more vintage looking rings and we saw some really nice ones. I found my dream ring--a $14,000 antique style ring with an asscher cut diamond--but goodness knows I had no idea the ring cost that much when I tried it on!! After I got my head out of the clouds, I had a great time with Dr. J just dreaming of the things that are to come for us in the near future. I miss him terribly already but it was so good to have this little getaway before the business of school starts up.
4 comments:
rings! so exciting!
I agree: how exciting! And how great that you have good taste! :) Glad you had a good get-away; you definitely deserved it.
It sounds like you all had a blast! How exciting about the rings!
Horay! R&R and Ring shopping! Glad you got a chance to be together and to relax!
Post a Comment