I HATE Moving!

As much as I want to get out of this town, I hate the fact that I have to move. Moving has to be one of the most annoying processes ever created. The only time moving is halfway okay is when you move away from home for the first time. When I left the deep South for college, I was packed for weeks in advance--I was so ready to go to my MidAtlantic School--even though I had no idea where I was going or what I was getting into, I couldn't wait. And the move in was kinda fun. But since then, I've learned to hate moving. Moving to the mountains of the North was bad--moving across town two years ago was worse. That move was the first time I ever moved by myself, and if I can help it, I'll never do that again. Definitely learned that true love will help you move, but that's another post in and of itself (LOL!).

So this move is just funny. I'm actually moving back home and I'm actually excited about it. But I have no desire to keep anything from up here. Too many bad memories I think. I'm ready to start over. Finish out this degree and move on with my life. One of my friends suggested that I just walk away from my security deposit, and just leave any stuff here that I don't want. Not a completely bad idea, but Lord knows that a graduate student budget could use that security deposit back in FULL. I've managed to sell some stuff at prices even Tyrone Biggums could afford, so that helps make for less stuff that I have to move. But it doesn't change the fact that I don't wanna pack, don't want to pay Honda a king's ransom to get my car serviced, and I don't wanna drive my raggeddy-behind car 600 miles (even if it is downhill). But it's time to go. It was actually cold up here yesterday--it is the middle of June and we were in the 50s last night--what kind of mess is that. For years as a kid, I complained about the hot, muggy Southern summers; now I can't wait to get back to them. Can't wait to be where the sun is out all year round--if I had known this part of the North had less sunny days than Seattle, I mighta thought twice about coming to school here (that's a lie--the offer was too good to pass up). But like I said, it's definitely time to go--time to be home--time to get cracking on this dissertation project....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

owch. i feel the same way.