Proposal Defense Set!

Yeah! Finally, we have found a date that works for my proposal defense. Next Wednesday (29th). It meant pushing back my move a couple days (and reducing the days between getting home and going on vacation from a week to two), but a little more stress in the personal life is "worth" a lot less stress in the academic life. For now. Being that this is my third degree quest, I should have the academic/personal balance all figured out--I guess I've learned enough to know that the personal generally takes one for the team. After this degree is done, personal life will definitely be coming first. School has run my life for 20+ years STRAIGHT--at some point I need to be free!! Tired of making the "hard choices"--tired of living in the middle of nowhere for...for what again?? Have I mentioned I can't wait to go home and be back in the comforts of the South???? You can imagine where I'll be looking for jobs for next year...

Good news is that I had a really productive research day--spent two hours reading up on Representative Corrine Brown for one of the three biographies I need to write. The reading on Brown didn't really tell me anything new, but I ran across some other information that helped spark my thinking on the diss...will write about it shortly...

0 comments: