Major Cleaning, Major Thinking, Minor Writing

The house is quickly starting to look normal. I finally made some space for myself in the office so I'll start work in there tomorrow. I still don't have any "real" internet service, so I need to get that going tomorrow as well. Everything major (i.e. clothes) is unpacked, but there are still some office related boxes in the trunk of my car that I need to take care of. Other than that, I did get a lot of unpacking and organizing done today. So in that regard, I feel like the day was productive.

On the other hand, my time for stalling on writing and thinking is running out. I did some good reading today in an old favorite (Patricia Hill Collins Black Feminist Thought), and tomorrow I will do some writing on that Condoleezza Rice introduction. BUT, it will have to wait until I take my grandmother downtown to pay some bills. Unfortunately, I have not established my "office hours" so the fam is still treating me like I'm home on vacation. But starting on Monday, there will be no phone calls, no errand running, no "let's go hang out" until my writing is done for the day. I will be holding a press conference after church on Sunday to make sure the family is on the same page. In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to getting back to a steady writing routine, and of course I'll blog my successes and FAILURES.

For now, I'm going to do a little writing on those 3 biographies I have to finish, and then call it a night. I know Grandma will be calling me bright and early in the morning....

0 comments: