After an exciting week of cruising and hurricaine dodging, I'm finally back on solid ground. I had an absolutely FANTASTIC week--even in spite of the weather. Our captain was a nautical genius!! He moved us around the storm on calm waters--unlike another cruise line that sailed out with us--they had rocky waters during the storm and all of the passengers were locked in their rooms for 6 hours!! We truly had smooth sailing and I'm incredibly glad I took this vacation for myself. I am feeling relaxed and refreshed!! My best friend and I are already planning our next cruise. My goal is to be cruising again next May or June (assuming I can find a way to make some more $$$ outside of my funding), and hopefully that will be my present to myself for completing the diss and possibly graduating (I hope to graduate in May, but August is probably more realistic because of the graduate school defense deadlines being so early).
At any rate, we are relaxing in Florida tonight and then we will hit the road some time tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to being home and unpacking, BUT my attitude towards everything is so different and positive right now. I feel a lot less stressed about going into this new transition and writing the diss. I know it's going to be hard, but I feel like I can make it!!
Regular dissertation blogging will commence Tuesday....Cruise pictures to come soon!
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
July
(23)
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea
- Is Fashion Anti-Intellectual???
- Teaching Portfolio
- Chapter One--OUT!!
- Must Finish Revisions
- Back In Town
- Needs More Revision
- Saturday's Goal: Revise Ch. 1
- Hooked Up, Proper
- Are We Writing Yet??
- Chapter 2--No Pages!!
- Putting Down Chapter One
- Sundays Will Be Optional
- Chapter One Moving Along...Slowly
- Friday Goals: 1.5 out of 3 so far
- Thursday--Progress
- Major Cleaning, Major Thinking, Minor Writing
- I Should Write
- Back on Land
- And Then This Hurricane....
- First Day at Sea
- Florida is Beautiful!!
- 24 Hours In A Day...
-
▼
July
(23)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment