Wednesday was a total loss--Sick Day #1 of the dissertation process. Spent the entire day in bed.
Seeing that Thursday is now over, I guess you would say that today was a loss too. I spent most of the day in the car with no AC on in 97 degree heat. Needless to say, I felt a little drained by the time I finally made it home. Only redeeming value of the day, I did have some time to read. Great new book if you're interested in race, class, and gender issues: Calling Cards: Theory and Practice in the Study of Race, Gender, and Culture (edited by Jacqueline Jones Royster and Ann Marie Mann Simpkins). I have not gone through all of the essays yet, but I'm enjoying it so far. I wish I was as articulate as Royster in expressing why it is so important to do scholarly work on race and gender.
I need to get some work done. Chapter two is calling--again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(177)
-
▼
July
(23)
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea
- Is Fashion Anti-Intellectual???
- Teaching Portfolio
- Chapter One--OUT!!
- Must Finish Revisions
- Back In Town
- Needs More Revision
- Saturday's Goal: Revise Ch. 1
- Hooked Up, Proper
- Are We Writing Yet??
- Chapter 2--No Pages!!
- Putting Down Chapter One
- Sundays Will Be Optional
- Chapter One Moving Along...Slowly
- Friday Goals: 1.5 out of 3 so far
- Thursday--Progress
- Major Cleaning, Major Thinking, Minor Writing
- I Should Write
- Back on Land
- And Then This Hurricane....
- First Day at Sea
- Florida is Beautiful!!
- 24 Hours In A Day...
-
▼
July
(23)
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment