The good news is--Dr. J is home for the summer. He's been in Gorgeous City and his Hometown (right next door) for almost a week. I had hoped to get that Chapter Six article out before he arrived but that didn't happen. I was sick right before he arrived and by the time I recovered, the last thing I wanted to do was work.
So we've had a fun few days together--visiting with family, going to the mall, and even a round of miniature golf. Today is beach day. The best thing about Gorgeous City is the coast line, but I haven't been in the water since I moved here. Lucky for me, Dr. J is a waterbaby so he's been itchin for the beach since Memorial Day Weekend. So for the first time in a year, we're headed for the shore!
It has been mostly play and no work. I did, however, finally get the copyeditor's remarks back on a couple of the pieces I did last year, so I revised one of those yesterday and will work on the other tomorrow. I'm finding that it is not easy to find the motivation to work when Dr. J is around. But I know he has an article he needs to get going on with his Chair so we'll settle into a work schedule soon. Dr. J has another campus visit lined up for next week so I'm sure he'll be back into "scholar-mode" soon which will give me some needed inspiration.
Oh yeah, and there is this wedding thing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment