Hail in a Handbasket

That's where I feel like my summer is going.

Day after day I look at my to-do list and feel like such a bum for not getting more work done. That Chapter Six article is still eluding me. I must finish the work that needs to be done on it by the end of next week so I can move on to something else. I've been completely distracted by the work that came back from the copyeditor on those pieces I did last year. Just when I thought I was done with that, I got some more work. But now that is off of my desk, and I feel a little more productive than I did yesterday. And the news that I had a pair of papers accepted for Major Conference in November helps a lot too. At least I'll have something new on my CV for the fall.

I've also been completely distracted by regular books. I'm back on James Patterson and John Grisham again. It feels so good to just get lost in a book. Especially on a day like today where it is dark and cloudy and, oh yeah, hail outside. Of all weather conditions, this is one I am very uncomfortable with--especially living somewhere without a garage or carport for my car. Hopefully the weather will continue to mellow out because Dr. J is in the airport on his way back to this time zone. He had another campus visit this week and he's coming back with an offer!!!! It is exciting and unexpected but probably unsatisfactory. We have a lot of discussing to do when he gets back in town.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to connect as long as I'd like. I have to head to Hometown tomorrow because my wedding dress is in!! So I need to get the fitting process going and Mom wants me to look at a dress she's found for herself. I probably also need to really narrow down this blue issue so Lani can pick out her dress.

So much to do, so little time. Where has my summer gone?????

1 comments:

phd me said...

I'm a little late to the post but - boy! - do I know what you mean! It's the end of June and I have so little to show for it. I had a few things to finish, a few to start, and I can't claim to have done either. Fall is looming and I'm just a little nervous. Teaching summer school was a way to pay the bills but that's all I've been able to focus on - well, that and sleeping and reading fun books and hanging out with my friend and traveling...you begin to see the problem.

Hang in there, hope things are going well and what did you decide on the blue issue?!